Saturday, April 18, 2020

Leftover camouflage Shirt for me.

 After my sons camouflage jumper was made I still had just enough fabric for a basic shirt.  I find that even before the shut in I was reaching for my green sweater shirt a lot.  It's a great bright colour, really basic and simple to wear, comfortable, what more could you want - one for everyday of the week -  that's what - so I decided I would use the remainder of the fleece  to make myself a shirt.


This time I added 1"to the length of the shirt - just at the bottom - I don't think I needed quite that much so I think I'll do 1/2" next time.


I stupidly cut the bottom band on the grain so it had no stretch so I had to use the last little dregs of my fabric to piece together a back band and just used the non stretch band in the front.  The only other change I made was to shorten the neckband by about 1/2" and deepen the V to make the neckband sit a bit more flush as I find the green one is not that great.

This one sits beautifully against my chest.


This could have been a really quick sew but as my serger was downstairs I decided to faux faux flat fell each seam which takes ages.  Basically you sew the seam, trim down one side, sew the other side flat over the trimmed edge and then trim the last seam right along the last line of stitching, so 4 steps for each seam.

The good news is I love it - have worn it numerous times already.

No comments:

Post a Comment