Thursday, November 21, 2019

Simple Green sweater

When I saw this fabric I knew I had to have it.  I find it really hard in winter to find fabrics that are bright and colourful but also warm and snuggly.  This is both.  Its a knit fabric with a fleece backing - so plenty or warmth and snuggliness, plus look at that colour - so bright and cheerful!


I only bought 1 yard of this fabric as I knew it was going to be a shirt of some sort. I decided to go back to an old pattern.  Simplicity 5133 that I stole from Mums pattern stash quite some time ago.  I made a shirt from it back in 2015 and its starting to get  a bit old and worn out so I thought this would be just the fabric to replace it.



Again I made view 2 with long sleeves and a V neck.  Its a straight size 14 with no modifications.


I finished off the bottom and sleeves with a cuff simply because it's the easiest finish for knit fabrics.  Each of the cuffs is sewn to the front and then turned under and stitched in the ditch for a nice neat finish inside.


A few minor fit issues around the bust but nothing big enough to worry about.

I really like this shirt and have worn it quite a lot....and It goes perfectly with my peacock jeans allowing those pockets to be shown off.


1 comment:

  1. I agree that it’s really hard to find bright and also cozy fabric. I can see why you gravitated toward this. Great color, and the top
    looks really nice and warm. —Lisa

    ReplyDelete