Saturday, April 30, 2016

Me Made May 2016


I, Jenny of SoleCrafts (www.solecrafts.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear a full outfit of outerwear that is me made each day for the duration of May 2016. 

Everyday, all outerwear including, pants, shirts, sweater, coats, dresses, skirts, shoes, socks etc must be home made.  Not included is underwear or bras. Gym wear does not count assuming that it will not be worn all day. 


By the end of the month I want to be able to wear at least 1 fully me made outfit from to to bottom.


Ok, it's done.  I'm oficially signed up.  I'm going to attempt this!  When I first started thinking about this I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to come up with a challenge that was an actual challenge,( I mean I already wear mostly me made so something like 1 piece a day would not be a challenge for me), but was still possible to accomplish.  I think I've managed to come up with something that will challenge me, but won't be entirely impossible.

Hopefully this wording will get some things out of my closet and into day to day rotation that I don't often wear, plus the last bit will get me motivated to finally get to work on that bra I've been thinking about for ages.

Bring it on.  Lets see if I can actually do this...at the moment the thing I'm most worried about is cold feet...homemade socks are a bit thin on the ground.  Hopefully I wont need too many socks this month.



And talking of challenges my son and I have a new challenge going.  By the end of summer we want to ge able to take down the top line and walk the entire length of the slackline without any assistance.  8 steps is my maximum at the moment, but thats pretty erratic, I can't do it every time.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Every year I say I'm going to participate in this the following year when my wardrobe is more built up and every year something happens. This year, my life is a bit too hectic and un-routine so I won't be able to get it together - maybe next year LOL! I'm so inspired with how much of what you have is homemade, it's really incredible.

    ReplyDelete