Sunday, June 19, 2022

Kineton Top

 Well this post is well over due - I'm finding it hard to take photos of my makes now that the remote doesn't work on my good camera...plus in this case, there is that pesky problem of I couldn't post photos till after the pattern was launched.







This is the top version of the Cashmerette Kineton dress. To make this I lengthened the top pieces of the pattern  by 2" , left off the skirt and just finished the bottom of the skirt by turning the lower edge up twice at 1/2" each and threaded 1/2" elastic through the resulting channel.

The fabric for this top is my favourite part.  Its a beautiful peacock chiffon fabric.  I didn't know what I was going to make out of it when I bought it, I just knew I needed it.  Then when this pattern rolled around I knew it'd match the pattern beautifully, but also that I'd never wear it as a dress, so I decided to make it shirt length instead.

Unfortunately it didn't quite turn out as planned.  I have no issue with the cropped length as shown, but when I wear it, the bottom band creeps upwards to settle at my smallest part, right under my boobs, and that is not a good look.  So I really only wear it if I'm willing to continue tugging it down the entire time - which is never.  I'm actually contemplating add the skirt to it as at this point I think the dress would get more wear than the top does.  Such as shame as I love the neckline and sleeves of this pattern and I love the fabric....


No comments:

Post a Comment