Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Stanton Hoodie #2

 Of course I couldn't stop at one Stanton Hoodie -  especially after I stained the first one, and so this one was born.  This time I went for the zip up version in a more subdued colour way - only two colours this time - the same dark purple as last time - and  some black sweatshirt fleece that I had in stash.


I used the exact same size - size 12 in the 0-16 range.  The only real changes I made to the pattern this time was to the hood and pocket lining.  I used purple fleece to line the hood, which does make the hood a bit more bulky and heavy but I quite like it.  As for the pocket - I didn't have anything on hand to use - so I just left it out entirely.  To do this I just skipped the lining steps, turned the ends of the pockets back at the fold line and top stitched them in place at 1" from the edge.

My zipper is actually a two way parka zipper as that was all I could find that was the right colour.










I adore this hoodie and know that it's going to get a tonne of wear over then winter - in fact do I ever have to take it off????

No comments:

Post a Comment