Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Cashmerette Stanton Hoodie

 This pattern is one that is close to my heart.  It is really the first pattern that I worked on when I started working at Cashmerette so I'm excited to be able to show it off.

When we got the material to make the sample hoodies for the photoshoot I was so excited - that fabric, a bamboo fleece from Ken-Dor, was so super soft and snuggly.  Thankfully, after making the photoshoot samples there was still some of the fabric left over so I got to use some of it to make a Stanton Hoodie for myself.

It took me quite some time to determine what colourways to use where - I coloured in many croquis in many different colour combinations before deciding on the one that I wanted to go for.  This used three different colours - the dark purple, a light purple and a dark grey.  


I used the grey for the yoke, the pocket and the lower back, the dark purple for the hood, sleeve and front panel, and light purple for the upper front and upper back and in place of all the ribbing. The fabric actually had more strength running lengthwise, so when it came to cutting the lower bands and the cuffs I cut them running along the fabric so that there was enough stretch to replace the ribbing - it worked quite well.


Based on the finished garment measurements I made a straight size 12 from the 0-16 size range.   There is enough ease at the waist to not worry about sizing up.





Now of course I wasn't able to just make the pattern as specified - I decided I wanted to add some stripes to my sleeves.  In order to do this _ determined the width of stripe that I wanted.  A large grey strip in the middle, the  medium dark purple each side and finally smaller light purple stripes on either end.


I sewed each of the strips together to make a panel



The positioned it on my sleeve.


I used chalk to make where I wanted my panel to go, then added seam allowances
Then cut out the corresponding section.
And sewed my stripe patch in it's place.

Then finally trimming the sleeve back to shape.


And then sewing in the sleeve according to the instructions.


I am totally happy with the jumper - with one minor exception - some of you may have spotted it already.......


The minute I  put this jumper on I knew I'd made a mistake - I should never have used the lightest colour in center front - It was always going to get stained .....and of course - the second time I wore it - it did.   I put stain remover on it immediately and washed it, but it's not coming out....I'm so annoyed at myself.

Oh well - gonna keep wearing it anyway!





1 comment:

  1. Love the arm stripes! This is a cool pattern. You guys did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete