Thursday, December 19, 2019

Grey Curved Hooded Cardigan

After making my warm fuzzy grey leggings I had a fair bit of material left over.  I knew I wanted to make a cardigan out of it but I wasn't sure what pattern to use. 



I liked the pattern I used for my last cardigan, but I decided I wanted to make a few modifications.  First I wanted this one to be a bit sportier and casual - so I decided to add a hood. 



I used the hood pattern that I created for my rainbow zipper dress - which was in turn based on the Jasper Sweater.  It took a bit of finagling to get it to fit onto my neckline and I'm not sure I got it perfect - it does tend to pull the cardigan back on my shoulders a bit.


The next change I made was to eliminate the lower curve in the front princess seam.  I changed it to a straight princess seam and added standard patch pockets on the front. 


I also added a cuff to the bottom of the sleeve using the same material.

I kept the front curve of the cardigan but due to fabric limitations I had to shorten the back by a couple of inches.



All seams in the cardigan were finished with a faux flat fell to create nice neat insides and the edges were finished with one long continuous strip of store bought grey bias tape running from the top of the hood down the front of the cardigan, around the back and back up to the hood.



 I used 4 grey snaps to secure the front of the cardigan.

I really like this cardigan and have found myself reaching for it a lot since I finished it.  Its not quite as warm as as boucle version but it's probably a bit more ....me....








No comments:

Post a Comment