Saturday, November 9, 2019

Gold Keilo

This dress was actually made quite a while ago but I realised that I never blogged it.



This was a pretty simple make - its the fabric that makes it special.  When I saw this fabric in the store I knew I had to have it and bought a couple of yards.  I then decided to use that yardage to make a Christmas present for my sister last year so went back and bought another couple of yards for myself.  It's a poly lycra with a metallic gold painted over the top.

For a pattern I went back to my self drafted Keilo dress pattern.  I  went and bought the actual Keilo pattern from Named patterns so that I could make it as a present for my sister but I was too lazy to print it out and compare it to my version I just went with what I knew already works.  For this version I did do the split up the back however I didn't add a seam all the way up the back, just cut a slit and added a facing around the slit.


There is just one slight issue with this dress - because the fabric has more stretch than I had used on my original I have to tie it very tightly to get it to look Ok.

But seriously look at this fabric.


1 comment: