Thursday, September 6, 2018

Blue Purple and Gold Shoes

Time for another pair of shoes - my last ones are starting to look a little old.




 Actually I started making these shoes right after I finished my last pairs.  Based on those shoes I modified my shape of pattern slightly, mainly rounding out the front cut out. I cut them out and made them up, and then since I didn't have any more soling material they sat around my sewing room for 3 months.



The material I used for these shoes came from the batik table at my local discount fabric store.  It's printed like a batik, but its a much heavier weight fabric than most of the batiks.  More of a home decorator fabric weight - a heavy canvas.



I lined the vamp of the shoes with a plain blue cotton and the bottom inside sole of the shoes is from a blue plush fabric that I have no idea where it came from or what it is - it's been in my stash for years, but it makes good shoe inner soles.  Two layers of craft foam are then sandwiched between this layer and a lower sole made out of a cotton twill and cut 1/8" smaller than the inner sole piece to finish the bottom before the soling material is glued on.



Last week I finally go around to ordering some more of the crinkle gum soling material - in a black this time - so I was finally able to finish the shoes.



The last step was to thread some 1/8" wide elastic through the top of the shoe to keep the shoes on my feet.  I think I may need to tighten the left one just a bit but otherwise I'm in love with these shoes.


Bring on the next pair.



1 comment:

  1. The shoe making is so amazing! These look really nice.

    ReplyDelete