Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sock Sock and More socks




I feel like I've been knitting socks forever. It all started back in November when I decided that, since my Parents-in-law were going to be here in cold New England for Christmas I could knit them each a pair of socks as presents (Most of the people who I would like to knit for celebrate Christmas in the middle of Summer so the last thing they would want is something warm and snuggly)

I started with my Father-in-Law. I obviously wanted something a bit more masuline, and I found just the yarn I was after at Fabric Place Basement. Cascade Yarn Heritage Wave in Checkers colourway. This yarn has an almost tweed type look and fades from Red to Grey and back again.

As far as pattern goes I went with the Boyfriend Sock Pattern by Alice Bell in a size large.

Once these socks were finished I moved onto my Mother-in-law. I used the same Cascade Yarn Heritage Wave but in Nightshade which blends from purple to grey and back. I again used the boyfriend sock pattern this time in a size small.

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of these socks before giving them away.

I then got a request from my best friend for a new pair of socks to replace the ones that I made her last year that have worn through.  I decided to go with the same pattern yet again - in a size medium this time.  For yarn I bought some  Supersocke Carneval Sock Yarn.  This yarn stripes in shades of blue, green, yellow and brown.

And then finally I could get around to knitting some socks for myself.  I used the same pattern but sized it down below a size small to fit my tiny foot, I also added some ribbing under the arch of my foot just to make sure they were nice and snug around my feet.   I used the same Supersocke Carneval Sock yarn but in a blue, orange, yellow, green and purple colorway.





I love these socks, the are so comfortable and warm, but I'm all done with socks for a while, 4 pairs in two months are more than enough.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I definitely don't have the patience for that, but it is an amazing gift. I love the colors as pattern!

    ReplyDelete