Thursday, March 3, 2016

Last of the Winter Snugglies

Earlier this year I made a red fleece sweat shirt that was very close to being exactly what I envisaged.  The only issue that I had with it was that the front of the sweater had too much flare in it making the front not sit perfectly.


I decided that I wanted to try it again (plus I wear these sweaters every day and only have three of them so they're in pretty high rotation, I figured another couldn't hurt).

I went back to my pattern and took probably close to and inch and a half out of the front seams where the pockets go tapering back to nothing under the bust.  I also decided I wanted to try colour blocking again.


  

I originally planned on it being mainly black, with pops of green, but found I didn't have enough black for that idea so switched it.  Its definitely bright but I do like it.  I had planned to add black cuffs and a black band around the bottom, but decided that I didn't need it in the end and just left it with the black around the top yoke and collar and in the pockets.  I also used black topstitching on all the seams.

The new pattern is definitely better, though the front seems a little short in the above picture, I will need to revisit that.  I did cut some of the length off the front as it looked to long on the hanger but it was obviously supposed to be there so I will well enough alone next time.




And on another note can I just ask how I can manage to take two dozen odd photos and manage to have my eyes closed in every one of them.  Oh well, you get close up photos only of this sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment