Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Metallic Print Batik Tank

As soon as I finished my latest pair of shorts. I knew that I wanted to make a new shirt to go with it. 



These shorts have a strong feature based around the waistband  and most of the shirts I own just hang over the top so you can't see it. So I wanted to make a slightly cropped shirt to wear with them.

I had the perfect fabric left over from my fidget quilt in the form of a blue and purple cotton, over printed with gold metallic leaves.  I had just enough left to make this shirt.



This was a basic sew.  I used the pattern that I created for this top back in 2017.


The only real change I made was to lower the bust dart by about 1.5 inches.  I noticed that it was a bit high back when I made the original shirt and now that I'm no longer wearing underwire bras my bust tend to sit a bit lower (ahh the joys of getting older) so it was really out of place. 


The shoulder and side seams were french seamed and I used the same finishing techniques as the original shirt - facings on the armholes that are then turned under and top stitched in place, and a binding around the front and back necklines, though this time I made the binding a a lot smaller.  I again top stitched the cross over in place and just turned up the hem twice and stitched it in place.


Nice and net on the inside.

I love this shirt as much as I love the original.  Cool and easy to wear, and matched beautifully with my new shorts....not to mention my new hair colour.









2 comments:

  1. love it, v stylish outfit, the finish is so well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shirt! And nice mermaid hair! 😁 This shirt looks just right with these shorts.

    ReplyDelete