Friday, June 23, 2017

Knock Off Jelly Roll Socks

So after knitting my Crazy Stripes Tee.  I wanted a simple project to work on.  The lovely ladies at  knitting group that I go to on Friday all seemed to be excited by, and working on the Jelly Roll socks.  They looked very cute, but I couldn't bring myself to buy such a simple pattern - it was pretty easy to figure out how they went together - so I just jumped in and started knitting.



The yarn that I used was Crazy Zauberball Colour #1564.   a beautiful 25% nylon, 75% wool from Germany in a "Fresh Fish" colour way, that I picked up one day when I finally checked out one of my local yarn shops Dee's Nimble Needles.

I worked the first pair of socks top down working magic loop.  I worked in stockinette stitch for about 1.5" to create the lower roll then worked a short row heel.


 I added 2x2 ribbing around the entire arch of the foot and then finished at the toe with Kitchener stitch.  I then went back and picked up a row of stitches about 3/4" below the top of the sock and worked in stockinette again for about 1.25" to create the upper roll around the top.



I wasn't totally happy with this sock,  It's a bit too short around the ankle, and the ribbing on the top of the foot puckers a little bit, so rather than make a second I modified my pattern on my second sock.

This time I knitted for 3" before starting the short row heel


and then did 1x1 ribbing on the underside of the foot arch.


I liked these much better so I made a third sock the same as the second.

The final decision was whether to take the first sock out and redo it, or to make a second one to match it.  I decided in the end that I might like a pair of low rise socks so just made a second one.

so I now have two really funky coloured pairs of ankle socks ready to wear once the weather cools down again.




2 comments:

  1. Cute! Great colors and very nice, clear photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it.
    Can I mix CBD gummies and CBD oil?

    ReplyDelete